The Parramatta Psychology Clinic provides a range of skill based training to develop communication skills and counselling skills for a range of professions. We deliver regular professional development (PD) workshops for intern and provisional psychologists, students and other mental health practitioners on the following topics:
- Communication Skills for Counselling
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – Friday, 7th July 2017
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – Monday, 3rd July 2017
- How to Conduct a Clinical Assessment
- Fundamentals of Emotion Focused Therapy (date TBA)
- Short term interventions for Depression and Anxiety (date TBA)
- Resilience and Stress Management (dates TBA)
These workshops accrue 6-8 hours of active PD and are considered client-related activity. PD activities must be approved by the principal supervisor before they can be recognised as part of the internship program.
All PD activities are run onsite at the Hunter Street Office and cost $180 – $250 per workshop. Class sizes are strictly limited to no more than 14 participants.
-send us a completed Registration Payment Form