You’re thinking about getting counselling but aren’t sure about talking to a stranger about issues that are closest to your heart? At the Parramatta Psychology Clinic we understand that it’s not easy to get started and we want to make it as simple as possible to take that first step.
So here is some information about what to expect from counselling at Parramatta Psychology Clinic
When you first contact us we will:
– Grab your name and contact details
– Book you in at time that is convenient for you
– Ask you if you have a referral from your GP. Don’t worry if you don’t, we can help you with this too.
In your first counselling session:
– Fill out a short questionnaire about your symptoms
– Understand about privacy and confidentiality
– Be asked about your symptoms, where you are at and where you have been
– Set goals for counselling
– If you don’t feel comfortable talking about something you don’t have to
What will your psychologist do?
– Teach you strategies to help you manage your symptoms
– Not tell you what to do – you are the expert in your life
– Listen compassionately and without judgment
Call now (02) 9687 9776 to book an appointment.