The Parramatta Psychology Clinic provides a range of skill based training to develop communication skills and counselling skills for a range of professions. We deliver regular professional development (PD) workshops for intern and provisional psychologists, students and other mental health practitioners on the following topics:
- Communication Skills for Counselling (next workshop 7 May)
- Introduction to Counselling (next workshop 8 May)
- Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) (next workshop May 21)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (next workshop May 22)
- How to Conduct a Clinical Assessment (next workshop Monday 9th May)
- Fundamentals of Emotion Focused Therapy (date TBA)
- Short term interventions for Depression and Anxiety (date TBA)
- Resilience and Stress Management (dates TBA)
These workshops accrue 6-8 hours of active PD and are considered client-related activity. PD activities must be approved by the principal supervisor before they can be recognised as part of the internship program.
All PD activities are run onsite at the Hunter Street Office and cost $180 – $250 per workshop. Class sizes are strictly limited to no more than 14 participants.
To register for a workshop please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment will be required at time of booking. Alternatively, you can complete the form below: